Thursday, April 30, 2009

Is Blood Thicker Than Water?


So tonight starts the beginning of a new chapter in my life. The search for my biological parents has ended, after 41 years. Tonight, I am boarding a plane, bound for another state, to meet my biological mother and brother for the first time. I consider myself very lucky. As an adoptee, I have heard many the horror stories of biological parents rejecting their own flesh and blood...."I gave you up for a reason, so leave me alone..."

I have mixed feelings about the whole adoption situation. I understand adoption. I understand why individuals relinquish their parental rights. But, I do respect the right to privacy of biological parents. I would have never, and I mean, never, intruded upon either of my biological parents. And honestly, if they rejected me, I would have understood and left them alone. If anyone bothers to read this blog, you may be wondering what I am feeling at this moment. I am extremely calm, but I'm sure when the plane touches down, I'll be feeling all sorts of feelings I have never felt before. I'll keep you posted....

1 comment: