Monday, April 13, 2009

Ricketts Glen State Park-Pennsylvania











Hidden away in the dense forest of North Central Pennsylvania is one of Pennyslvania's best kept secrets - Ricketts Glen State Park. Where else can you take an afternoon excursion and on a little more than a four mile hike, come across, to your delight, twenty one waterfalls? Add to this a sprawling mountain lake with the attendant activities, and you will want to stay awhile. My hiking partner, Nick and I headed out on the appropriately named Waterfall Trail. The trail is approximately eight miles long and I would rate it as moderate. Once again, my partner and I were both fascinated and appalled by the inexperienced hikers with flip flops on. You need to be very careful on the Waterfall Trail as it is very slippery from the combination of moss and water. The Waterfall Trail leads you to twenty two waterfalls. Yes, twenty two! The largest waterfall is called
Gangoga Falls and is 92 feet high. Each waterfall is named and all are absolutely gorgeous to look at. I waded into a few and enjoyed the cool fresh clean water. I could go on forever about how beautiful Ricketts Glen State Park is, but why don't you take it from me
and visit it? www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateParks/parks/rickettsglen

No comments:

Post a Comment